Just prior to the co-founding of The Self Empowered Investor with my son Steve, I invested the time to read a book titled, The Leader Who Had No Title by Robin Sharma. You may recognize Robin’s name as I frequently forward his wisdom with our followers on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Wanting to keep with the spirit of today’s blog, I thought I would share the book’s “Lead Without A Title” philosophy. It is comprised of 4 key attributes:
- You need no title to be a leader
- Turbulent times build great leaders
- The deeper your relationships, the stronger your leadership
- To be a great leader, first be a great person (I especially like this one)
Robin also discusses Natural Powers we all possess…and you need NO title to do any of them:
- Every one of us alive in this moment has the power to go to work each day and express the absolute best within us
- Every one of us alive today has the power to inspire, influence, and elevate each person we meet by the gift of a great example
- Every one of us alive with life can passionately drive change in the face of negative conditions
- Every one of us alive to the truth about leadership can treat all stakeholders with respect, appreciation, and kindness – and in so doing, raise the organization’s culture to best of breed
This book contains a wealth of wisdom and I hope you will recognize the influence its philosophy has had on The Self Empowered Investor. We will accept nothing less than providing the absolute best for the DIY 2.0 Investor’s success.
Please share your thoughts and if you find this of value, share it with your friends and followers.